Inspired by the Spirit, we are a strong community, supporting and leading learners in a safe and inclusive environment.
Christ Our Holy Redeemer Parish was formed in 1957 and our school was opened in the original Church building, which was constructed in 1958. The school and the church shared the same until 1961 when the lower school building was opened. In 1968 an extension was completed to include extra classrooms and a tuckshop.
The Brigidine Sisters came to the school in 1961 and remained until 1978. Since this time the school has been staffed by lay teachers.
Our school provides educational programs which cater for the development of the whole child – spiritual, academic, social, emotional and physical – equipping them as life long learners.
The Gospel values are central to our school, giving direction to our approach to teaching and guide our discipline procedures, ensuring respect for all.
We value the importance of families within the school community and encourage you to become involved.
Our special features include:
- Regular liturgy and worship
- Sacramental programs
- Reading Recovery/Reading intervention
- Senior 5/6 Camp, Year 4 Overnight Camp
- Social Justice Leaders and Team
- Buddy program
- Monday and Friday assemblies
- Fully developed school sports program
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Physical Education
- Whole school celebrations – Book Week, Italian day, Grandparents day
- Performing & Visual Arts
- Art Show/Concert on alternate years
- Resource Centre/Library
- Digital Technologies: computers, ipads, laptops, chromebooks, IWB & Interactive TV’s
- Extra Curricula: Choir, Code Club, Chess, Garden Club, Running Club, Pop Up Play Club, Flow Club, Guitar Lessons