Christ Our Holy Redeemer Parish was formed in 1957 and the school was opened in the original Church building, which was constructed in 1958. The school and the Church shared the same building for the first three years. The Brigidine Sisters came to the school in 1961 and remained until 1978. Since this time the school has been staffed by lay teachers.
Throughout the years various building and refurbishment projects have been undertaken, culminating in 2009, when the school was fortunate to receive funding from the Federal Government Building Education Revolution. A new classroom and hall were built along with an upgrade of the administration block, these were completed in 2011.
In 2019 building commenced to further expand and develop additional learning spaces. A $1.45 million State Government grant was awarded to the school to contribute to the building program, with the total building costs estimated at $2 million. So in 2020 we opened our newest buildings which included a new Library, Performing Arts space and refurbished classrooms. All of these are amazing learning spaces which with our large and extensive play spaces provide our school community with a wonderful site.